Consumption: January 2008
On the Web
- Opening the Windows Vista Box: Because it seriously can’t be done without a fucking tutorial.
- Brown Tape Art: Mark Khaisman creates some stunning images with translucent brown packing tape backlit on plexiglass.
- Bobby Fischer, Chess Master, Dies at 64: He may have been an asshole, but man could he play.
- Lasagna Cat: A wonderfully bizarre collection of videos putting Jim Davis in his place.
- The Amen Break: The history of the world’s most sampled drum loop, and the interesting copyright law implications that accompany it.
- Philip Glass on Sesame Street: A nice geometric study of circles animated to the tune of a minimalist composition for voice and organ.
- Cell Phone Users Slow Traffic: Do you assholes need any more reasons to hang up and drive?
- The Hardest-Working Presidential Candidate Logo: A nice roundup of and commentary on the many faces of Obama’s impressively adaptable logo.
In the Stereo
- The Magnetic Fields: Distortion
- AC/DC: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
- The Twilight Singers: Twilight
- Be Your Own Pet: Be Your Own Pet
- Various Artists: The Man Who Cried Original Motion Picture Soundtrack