Consumption: April 2007
On the Web
- “The Conqueror Worm” Letterpress Print: Coudal Partners’ Swap Meat is selling (or trading) a print Stan and I did late last year. If the walls of your study are looking a bit too cheery, here’s your chance to do something about it!
- R.I.P. Kurt Vonnegut: You opened my eyes in ways no other writer could. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You will be missed.
- Why the Overwhelming Numbers of Design Flops?: 8 common causes of design failure.
- No One Belongs Here More Than You: A very charming site promoting Miranda July’s new book of the same name.
- Pearls Before Breakfast: The Washington Post puts a virtuoso violinist in a Metro station to examine the relationship between context and aesthetics. A great read.
- Roy Block: A very cool interface experiment from King Cosmonaut’s Sebastian Schmieg.
- Sketchbook Battles: Your sketchbook is probably too serene. Bloody it up!
- The Portrait Party: A brilliantly simple communal artistic activity.
- Personal Pies: Craig Robinson of Flip Flop Flyin’ documents his life in pie charts.
- The Drinky Crow Show: Tony Millionaire comics brought to life by Igor Kovalyov!
- I Saw You: Missed Connections Comics: Interpreting true stories from Craigslist.
In the Stereo
- Melt-Banana: Bambi’s Dilemma
- The Fucking Champs: VI
- X: Wild Gift
- Retribution Gospel Choir: Tour EP #2
On the Silver Screen
- Hot Fuzz
- Trigger Man
- Lake of Fire
- The Killer Within
- A Comedy of Power
- A Crude Awakening: The Oil Crash
- Fay Grim
- 638 Ways to Kill Castro
- Get Thrashed: The Story of Thrash Metal
- Acme Novelty Library #17 by Chris Ware