Consumption: August 2005
On the Web
- ZombieWalk Vancouver: The undead answer to Critical Mass. What a completely fantastic idea!
- Hollowed-Out Human Head: Frivolous product design ruffles my feathers.
- Remastered: A fellow Rock Snob laments the age of digital music.
- A List Apart 4.0: A great site made even greater.
- “Imagine five of the top voiceover artists in our country all in one car—mine!”: Hilarious trailer for the 26th Annual Key Art Awards.
- P.E.A.R.T.: A drum machine that plays actual drums!
- (The Other) Top 10 Most Ridiculous Black Metal Pics of All Time: And in case you need a refresher, here is the original list.
- The Morning After: When you’re paid to do what you love, will you still love it when the money dries up?
- Why I Will Never Have a Girlfriend: In which a chance at love is shown to be overwhelmingly statistically improbable.
- The B. Stands for Backfire: The first paragraph of this Dooce post is as fine an example as I have ever seen of what can be wonderful about blogs.
- Rachael Fowler: Local artist and good friend Rachael Fowler has launched a personal site showcasing her thought-provoking and oft-unsettling drawings, paintings, and photographs.
In the Stereo
- The Police: Message in a Box: The Complete Recordings
- Shudder to Think: First Love, Last Rites
- Opeth: Blackwater Park
- Varna Philharmonic Orchestra and Chorus: The Execution of Stepan Razin; Oratorio Pathetique
- Dead Can Dance: Selections from Europe 2005
- Killing Joke: Killing Joke 
- Nick Butcher: The Complicated Bicycle