On the Web
- Punk Rock Purity: Video of legendary graphic designer Art Chantry talking about his work for Sub Pop Records. Read plenty more of the story here.
- Le Building: A French animated short with a refreshingly simple concept and breathtaking execution. Also, don’t miss the making-of video!
- Nike Campaign “Borrows” Album Art: This is fucking ridiculous. I hope Dischord manages to put a stop to it.
- The Hills Are Alive: My first post for Noteworthy tackles the important issue of music in the workplace.
- How to Be Creative: Thirty nuggets of wisdom for professional and non-professional creatives.
- Don Argott Interview: Ain’t It Cool News speaks to the director of the stellar Rock School.
- Shaun Inman Redesigns: I thought it was a lame reason to turn down a day of paintball, but his new site is way cooler than my plentiful welts.
- The Monster Engine: Dave Devries adapts children’s drawings of monsters and superheroes into fully rendered paintings.
- Don Hertzfeldt Interview: Ain’t It Cool News probes the Bitter Films founder and acclaimed director of Billy’s Balloon and Rejected.
- Notable Words: Addressing the web’s “sore need of a champion for good writing.”
In the Stereo
- Medications: Your Favorite People All in One Place
- Dizzee Rascal: Showtime
- Orthrelm: OV
- The Streets: A Grand Don’t Come for Free
- Unwound: Repetition