Consumption: May 2005
On the Web
- 10 Years of Zeldman: One of the most (deservedly) influential figures in web design celebrates a milestone.
- Even Better Than the Real Thing: Imrov Everywhere opens for U2… as U2.
- Goth, Metalhead Overcome Subcultural Differences to Find Love: “What’s gonna happen at their wedding when Danielle starts playing Sisters of Mercy or some shit like that?”
- Jeff Louella: Relaunches with his personal account of the Browser Wars.
- Week 5: The fifth installment in the Philly Vs. Baltimore Sevenday Filmmaking Contest.
- Learning Black & White, Part 1: An illustration primer from Kevin and Peter.
- Albums to Listen to While Reading Overwrought Pitchfork Reviews: David Cross strikes back!
- Malarkey Redesigns: The familiar Mod imagery gets a new layout and color palette, along with some structural improvements.
- I hates Lucas! I hates it forever!: A bit of a long read, but worth it.
- Ten Questions for Jason Santa Maria: Such as, “Who are you?” and “Where are you now?”
- Typophile Returns: I didn’t spend much time with its previous incarnation, which I now realize was a mistake. I am glad to have a second chance.
- Jonas Bergstrand: Outstanding, retro-ific illustrations, complete with an animated perpetual motion machine on the homepage!
- Dan Mall: Keep an eye on this guy; he’s gonna go far.
In the Stereo
- Big Bear: Big Bear
- Behold… The Arctopus: Nano-Nucleonic Cyborg Summoning
- Deerhoof: Green Cosmos
- Van Stone: Van Stone