Consumption: February 2006
On the Web
- Microsoft Designs the iPod Package: This amusing little video demonstrates perfectly why designers typically prefer Apple.
- Metal: A Headbanger’s Journey: An insider’s anthropological documentary examination of the much-maligned musical subculture.
- Dev2.0: Band-sanctioned, kid-friendly versions of Devo classics on Walt Disney Records. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.
- Lotte Klaver: A beautiful watercolor sketch blog from Amsterdam.
- Netdisaster: Wreak harmless havoc on the web site of your choice. A neat idea, even if the execution is generally not so great.
- Dead-Eye Dick: The Daily Show’s report on Dick Cheney’s recent hunting mishap.
- The Hall of Best Knowledge: Charming, Gorey-esque hand-drawn typography.
- United Airlines Dragon Commercial: A gorgeous, hand-made animated TV spot. Don’t miss the Making Of video!
- Two Dudes: The genesis of a new, animated Rob & Stan adventure!
In the Stereo